The weirdest thing about my health... well everything.
Let's start with my propensity for winning the weirdest injury competition. I swear, I get injured doing even the slightest of things. I really blame my doctors for not diagnosing and treating my thyroid disorder earlier in life. I was deficient in calcium, postassium, B vitamins, you name it when my TSH was at it's worst and I am sure that my ability to break bones getting in to a car are directly related to that.
High on my list of weird injuries:
1. Broke my nose in my sleep. Hit my face on the rod iron day bed post. Genius.
2. Torn cartilage in the AC joint of my right shoulder lifting a small light bed side table my sophomore year of college.
3. Broke my ankle getting in to my car.
4. Pinched my sciatic nerve picking up my shoes.
5. Tore tendons in my left foot slipping while changing shoes in a parking lot.
I also think it's weird that I didn't have any major allergies until about 4 years ago. I've had an allergy to mint, bee stings and a sensitivity to latex since I was young but in the last few years I've added shellfish, melon, strawberry, Penicillin and medrol to my list of allergies. Craziness.
Plus there's the whole Hashimoto's thing. Hooray for autoimmune disorders.