Saturday, November 10, 2012

Facebook and sharing...

Should people post about their, or their loved ones health on Facebook/Social Media...

That's a tricky thing and something I've been thinking about a lot lately.  It's weird the way people can view, and misconstrue pieces of, our lives through the lens of social media.

I think that what we choose to put out there, whether on our blog, Twitter, or Facebook page is ultimately a personal decision.  I talk about my health, my workouts, my daily nutrition all the time.  It's kind of expected of me at this point, my students, my friends and my weight loss compatriots all share and we discuss and it's a large part of the community I find myself a part of.

I don't, however, talk about other people in that respect unless I have express permission.

I guess that comes as part of working in health care so long.  HIIPA! HIIPA! RAH, RAH, RAH! I feel awkward talking about other peoples health issues unless they tell me they want me to.

Heck, I have a hard time sharing it even after I've been given permission.

I think that it's all so personal that unless it's about yourself, or someone has said go for it, you should keep your fingers away from the keyboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment