Sunday, September 30, 2012

Chicken and Veggie Pot Pie Stew

Tonight for dinner I made an old recipe but I gave it a new, veggie full, twist. I present the nutritional information for Chicken and Veggie Pot Pie Stew.



And as far as cooking?  Super simple.  Chop everything that can chopped and then put it in the crock pot and let cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8-10.  You can also add spices as your taste requires.  All I added was some black pepper and a pinch of herb and garlic seasoning salt.

As for the biscuits - when you chop them roll them in to little balls and they turn in to dumplings in the stew.

It's still a little higher in calories than I want but the higher fiber content and protein makes me happy.  Next time I will work on making the broth from scratch.  This time around I used frozen chicken breast and canned cream of chicken but you can adjust to what you have in your pantry.

Everyone seemed to like it. My tummy is super happy now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment