Saturday, September 29, 2012

And when I thought it couldn't get worse...

I woke up today feeling like I had been hit by a train smoking grizzly bear with an attitude problem.  

You see, Friday was pretty much the worst day I have ever had.  Nothing truly dramatic happened but it was the epitome of one bad thing after another.

It all started with Marshall being up too late on his computer and being loud.  He woke me up three times Thursday night/ass early Friday morning.  The third time... well let's just say we had words.  By the time it was time to get up and go run with Matt I'd had a total of maybe 4.5 hours of sleep and I was grumpy.

I got up and met Matt for a jog that wound up being more of a long fast walk. I was late to meet him, I couldn't find my car keys, it was dark and my car was fogged up and couldn't see shit BUT I got there.  I really hoped the endorphin rush would help.  They didn't.

When I got home I just wanted a damn shower.  So I took a long hot shower, where I broke my razor, and got out feeling at least a little bit better.  Until I drank the damn Gatorade protein drink thing I had bought to try.  

Now, I LOVE kiwi strawberry Gatorade but this after workout protein drink? Yeah, I took a very long swigs and then immediately ran back to the bathroom and threw up.  Dear Lord, that stuff was AWFUL. So there I am washing my face and brushing my teeth again and not being too entirely sure if I was sick or if it was the Gatorade.  I know I still have to go to work.

I kept getting my stuff for the day ready.  My laptop was being a pain in the arse while trying to sync my iPod but I was almost ready to go.  

Walked back in to the bathroom to put mousse in my hair, flip my hair over, take a mini step to balance and trip on Marshall's shoe.  Roll my ankle and fall forward over the sink and counter.  I bumped my head on the mirror a bit.  Fucking lovely.

And work?  Not much better over all.  Trying to meet a deadline, had to skip an all day staff meeting, computer problems for me and some of my team mates.  Not cool. 

When I got home, an hour and a half later than usual, I was pretty pissed off at the universe.  We went to dinner at a friends house, it was a glorious, delicious dinner and I got to play with their 6 week old kittens.  So the day ended FAR better than it started.

But today?  I feel like I was hit by a truck.  I don't know if I was already getting sick and that's why everything yesterday got to me or if this was just bad luck but I have a sinus thing going on that's really unpleasant.  

I slept in today until 10:30.  Normally I'm finishing up my first Zumba class on Saturday at 10:30.  I know I needed the rest though.  I did go grocery shopping and we met some friends out of dinner tonight as well.

Tomorrow is a day of prepping - cooking in the crock pot for the week, learning new Zumba choreography, and basically getting my life straight.

Also? Finishing the outline for a challenge to lead me to my 30th birthday.  Stay tuned for details! 


6 comments:

  1. Oh my what a few days. SO glad you got the rest you needed today though.

    Tomorrow should be better...at least it must. It has to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And still I laugh at the image of Marsh looking at the list and scratching his head. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you had such a rough day. Looks like things are starting to turn around. Hope your week is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy it ended with kittens. Hope next week is better and that you feel better too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like all sorts of a terrible horrible no good very bad day. Hopefully today has panned out better for you!

    ReplyDelete