Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekly goals and a new long term goal!

1. Finish C25k Week 1 and continue with week 2.  Running "dates" set with Matt for Wednesday, Friday and Sunday mornings.

2. Drink a minimum of 100oz of water a day. 152oz of water today... give or take! I was FLOATIN!

3. Try another new fruit or vegetable. Soon!

4.  Set aside some time to do something "nice" for myself this week.  A pedicure, a hair cut, a manicure SOMETHING to pamper myself.

5. Spend at least 10 minutes each day on new choreography.  Worked on a belly dance routine to Ojitos Chiquitos by Don Omar! Very excited.  It's a slower, core intensive routine.  Love the choreo I found but am going to tweak it a bit more before I start teaching.  Hoping to try it out Thursday, maybe.

I have also targeted a new, long-term, goal. 

Matt ran the Cary Road Race 10k in 2010 and I thought I would never EVER be able to do it.  BUT I truly believe that I have it in me.  So much so that I am planning on running it in May of 2013.  That's 9 months.  I can do the C25k program one time through and most of the extended C2 10k plan a few times before then.  Plenty of time to train and push my boundaries.

The final date for the race isn't set yet but as soon as it's up I'm signing up.  I will do this! I'm going to work on getting my 5k time down and then get my endurance up to conquer the 10k. 

I think... I think I might have the running bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment