Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Changing things up...

So there's a song we do in Zumba - BEP's Imma Be - that is either a students FAVORITE or MOST HATED song.  We did it in my Zumba license class and I was reminded of it by the rockin' Rocky Mount crew a few months ago. 

It's legs and abs for almost 4 minutes and it's great. 

Well... I had an idea.  Since my back and side are still hurting from the strained muscle the ab part of the song hurts me and I wanted to see what I could do to change it up.  It's ALLLLLLLL legs now.  Plie squats. Squat into side leg lifts.  Squats into high knees. WOOHOO!

It's intense and gets the heart rate up even more than the ab/leg hybrid routine did (to me anyway.)  I've now done it 3 times in 2 days and my quads and inner highs and glutes are in pain in such a good way.

I'm going to have a bathing suit ready rear if it kills me.. and everyone in my classes. BWAHAHHAHAHAH

I'm starting to work my toning routines in to my classes so I can get my tone on.  I'm also starting to do TurboJam next Monday morning.  I'm going to follow their schedule for a full 90 days.  Woof!

I'm still surviving my no bread Lenten promise but it's HARD.  This evening I nearly slipped up because I ran to McDonald's for a MLP kids meal and I got the cheeseburger.  I was SO TIRED I nearly forgot to take the bun off.  Marsh caught it though.  yayay Marsh!  I'm 26 days or so away from gorging on biscuits and bread sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment