Thursday, October 20, 2011

Year 29...positive vibes all around.

Year 29 is already shaping up to be an amazing year.

My day started out with breakfast at Starbucks with Matt - my best friend and coworker.  A delicious pumpkin spice latte, skim milk, with an extra shot of espresso. The perfect way to start a brisk fall day. Paired with a delicious everything bagel and cream cheese my stomach was full and I was ready to take on the day.

Work flew through the morning.  Several conference calls later it was time to head out for my birthday lunch.  I thought it would be 6-8 coworkers and myself.  18 people came out to join in on the fun.  It was fantastic and I felt loved.  I don't normally get more than the birthday cards I get from my family but today I got 3 beautiful cards from my team and some very thoughtful gifts. I nommed on salad, breadsticks, and delicious lasagna.  Then... when we got back to the office ... homemade cake.



A delicious cookie cake, courtesy of Matt.

Matt made this delicious treat for everyone at the office to partake in.  Chocolate chip cookie base decorated with smore and oreo icings. Talk about sinful! And delicious!

After work I ran home to see Marshall (the fiancee) and get ready for a night of Zumba.  Since it was my birthday and it was our double header night I got to control the play lists.  I made sure to get all my favorite songs on the list and some old songs we hadn't done in forever.  Sarah and I played instructor leapfrog to make class easier on both of us. Both classes rocked! So hard!

At the start of class though, I got a lovely surprise, Sarah had consipred with owner of the studio and the other dance instructors to sing happy birthday to me.  That included bringing in the little girls in tap class in the other dance room in to sing to me.  It was adorably sweet. That the 30 people in class, all of the staff of the studio and all the little girls wanted in on wishing me happy birthday... I got a bit misty eyed.  Ok... go head.  Judge. I'll wait....

After 2 hours of awesome Zumba Sarah and I went to Chili's for dinner.  Chicken, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and the birthday ice cream du jour - brownie with vanilla ice cream. It was a delicious meal that was greatly needed after 2 hours of shaking it fast! It felt nice to decompress with Sarah. Were it not for the blah of cell phone service Marsh and Chip would have come along as well.

I have never had a birthday where I felt as loved as I do this year.  Part of that has to do with Zumba and how it made me feel like I finally have a place of my own in Wilson.  Part of that is feeling like such a part of the team at the bank.  Part of it is just feeling like the world is finally on my side.

Waking up to Facebook messages galore wishing me a happy birthday.  Going to work surrounded by people who care and enjoy my company. Hearing from my mother and my niece and nephews all who wanted to sing to me and tell me they loved me. Going to Zumba where I was serenaded by my Zumba divas. Having dinner with Sarah to relax and chat. Coming home to my Marshall and the adorable Penguins of Madagascar toys he got me.  It all adds up to one beautifully, awesome day full of love and happiness.

Year 29 is going to be a big year.  I'm going to keep expanding my knowledge, get my budget in check, and finally beat my scale and increase my health while decreasing my weight and gaining muscle.  I'm going to grow in my professional life and flourish in my personal life.  I can feel it... this is the year everything is lined up for good.

I'm ready to see where the world takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment