Friday, April 20, 2012

The end of the saga...

Well, it's over.  The hard parts, at least.  As of today, I once again own my own vehicle.

Since the accident I've been really nervous about how I was going to get back in to my own car.  I'm in the process of cleaning up my credit from a number of bad decisions during college and I was scared I wouldn't qualify for a loan.

I had begun saving for a car about a year ago.  I knew the time would be coming that the Olds would need to be replaced but I was nowhere near ready to purchase.

Well, prayers really do get answered.  The below car fell in to my lap - for just about what I had saved up for a down payment.  TADA!








It's a 1996 Ford Taurus station wagon. It was well loved and maintained by a local lady who, pretty much literally, only drove it to church on Sunday.  It has a grand total of 50,371 miles on it.

She doesn't have a name yet, but it's certainly a she.  I can't wait to drive her more and get to know her better. 

It drives like a dream and looks pretty much like it came right off the car lot.  It's a blessing.

I am so relieved to be back in my own car.  It's such a freeing feeling to not have to depend on people for a ride to get to class or go to work.

I'm free! FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment