Sunday, June 10, 2012

Good things are a-coming...

And they are coming quickly! But! They're not coming without a few bumps in the road.

Like last week - it was the week of bad food choices.  I am an openly admitted carb-a-aholic.  Bread, pasta, potatoes, carb heavy vegetables... I love them all and sometimes it's difficult for me to back off the carbohydrates and keep my diet balanced. Last week was a prime example of this. 

Why?  Because Paul's Italian Bistro exists.  I actually did okay early in the week, I ate more than my fair share of sweet delicious fruit and was overdosed on delicious natural sugars but I was keeping my carb intake to less than 50% of my calories.  Then Thursday happened... Paul's has a dish that is cheese tortellini in alfredo sauce.  I added chicken to mine.  I ATE THE WHOLE PLATE.  Plus bread.

Then Friday, I had pizza for lunch because we brought it in for a working lunch.  Even though I ate thin crust pizza, my carb intake got close to 70% of my calories on Friday.

Needless to say - I felt like a blimp by Saturday morning.

It's so hard for me to recover from a carbohydrate binge. I know exactly what happens when I eat like this and yet... it happens. 

I understand that with as much cardio as I do, I need the carbohydrates for the easily used energy source but I really have to be extra careful not to let that percentage creep up.  There was a time a few years ago when it was not uncommon for my breakdown to be 70% carbs, 15% protein, 15% fat. THIS IS WHY I'M FAT!

I've been doing so much better but then, two steps back.  I know that it's ok to go "off plan" every now and then and that balance is the key... but I hate seeing the numbers creep up in that way.  I'm scared of that being the norm again. 

Yes, I know that this is bordering on the obsessive but... I need to control my eating if I'm going to reach my goals.  It's just how it works.  It's a numbers game and I'm getting on front of the numbers.

Speaking of numbers -  still managed a loss this week -.5.  Sitting at 297.2. Long as I stay away from seeing 300 ever again I'm happy.  I'll be happier when I tell 200 to go away too!

No comments:

Post a Comment