Monday, August 20, 2012

Packing my Lunch Challenge

In the lead up to convention, the insanity of returning, and everything going sideways since I got home I've been a total slacker about packing my own lunch.

With that, I've been spending too much money and eating far more calories than intended so starting with lunch today I am resolving to eat lunch, from my lunch box, every workday for the next two weeks.

Today lunch featured a salad which included
  • 1 cup of baby spinach
  • 2 baby bell peppers (one red and one orange)
  • 1/4 of a medium tomato
  • 1/4 cup rice noodles
  • 1/8 cup 2% Mexican cheddar cheese
  • 2 oz of chopped turkey deli meat
And on the side? 1/2 cup of dark chocolate Chex Mix.

It was DELICIOUS.  So fresh and tasty and I didn't even mind that I totally spaced on bringing some sort of dressing for the salad.

In fact, aside from the chocolate cupcake I had in honor of 4 co-workers having birthdays in the last week and a half, everything I ate today was brought from home.  

Tomorrow I think I'm going to do a FlatOut Wrap with cream cheese, spinach and turkey.  Maybe not.  We shall see what my tummy is feeling in the morning. 

Also coming tomorrow - me finally publishing my over emotional post about convention and the low points thereof. 

No comments:

Post a Comment