Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Weekly weigh in. Back to the grind.

Today was the final day of my vacation.  I am both bummed and excited to get back to my normal schedule.

We got home around 7 last night and hit up the bar for trivia.  Ate a few fries and some chicken wings.  When we got home I sunk in to bed and got lost in the internet for a little while.  I made a big purchase! A bodybugg! I've wanted one for a while and it's on super sale! So I bought it! I'm excited about what I can learn about my body with this tool.


I also joined in a beachbody.com challenge starting January 2nd! I'm excited for that too! Thursday morning I'm going to meet with the team members for the challenge.  They're all YMCA members and I'm psyched to get to know them and work out with them. It's a Shakeology and Beach Body workout combination challenge.  I chose Turbo Jam!

I'm particularly excited about all of these things because I gained 2.5 pounds on my vacation.  All things considered it could have been worse, but I'm not particularly happy about it. I'm hoping I can get those 2.5 off by next Monday.  Getting back on track should be easy enough.

I did go grocery shopping today and spent 200$ on fruits and vegetables and lean meats.  Dinner was a delicious beef and vegetable stir fry with brown rice. So tasty! Man I missed cooking at eating at home.  mmM. Fresh, whole foods! NOM!

Tonight was also my first real workout since last Wednesday.  It was AWESOME! We did two new routines - Moves like Jagger and La Isla Bonita - and both turned out really well.  Moves like Jagger was really easy and actually more cardio than I expected.  La Isla is going to be a bit harder to get the crew on board with.  It has a bit of a difficult turn that confused folks but I think they'll learn to love it.  Talk about leg work! Woo!

Tomorrow morning I am going to get up and hopefully do some pilates before work.   After work I'm hitting TurboKick at the YMCA. Woohoo!

Thursday night I'm also going to the ballet to see The Nutcracker with Matt.  Everything is so exciting right now! I'm ready to see 2011 go out and see all the great stuff 2012 has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment